How to Update firmware
Improvements running on the firmware located inside of the Cobblestone are done on a regular basis in order to enhance the user's experience. Please update your firmware to obtain the latest improvements and to avoid running into issues such as:
Follow the steps below to update your firmware automatically:
- Unable to see a music service in my MUZO App even though its listed as a supported music service.
- Issues streaming music from your NAS device.
Open your MUZO player app and refresh your 'Device List' page by swiping down on the screen.
The app will prompt you to download firmware updates for any Cobblestone that does not have the latest firmware version.
If this does not work for any reason, you can take the following steps to manually update your firmware:
- Connect your smartphone to the Cobblestone Wi-Fi hotspot by selecting the Cobblestone Wi-Fi SSID located in your wireless connection.
- Put this link in your browser: http://10.10.10.254
- Click the System tab and click on 'Online Update'. Please update if needed.
- Click on the Status tab to check the current firmware version.
How to Initiate a Factory Reset (fixes Wi-Fi connection issues)
- Locate the WPS on the back of the unit and press it for 6-8 seconds.
- Open the MUZO app and swipe left to access your 'Device List'.
- Find the unit you want to reset and select
- Select 'Speaker Info' and scroll down to find 'Restore Factory Settings'.
How to Power cycle the Cobblestone
Power cycling the Cobblestone can resolve issues like:
- Cobblestone crashing
- What do I do if the Cobblestone hangs and requires reboot?
- I'm unable to connect to Spotify, what do I do?
Steps to Power Cycle the Cobblestone:
- Take out the plug connected to the Cobblestone.
- Wait a couple seconds and then put the plug back into the Cobblestone.
How to connect the Cobblestone to Wi-Fi network
If this setup fails, please try the alternative ways shown below:
- Open your Muzo Player app and wait for the app to search for a Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the password for the selected network.
- Press the WPS key located on the side of the Cobblestone.
- Wait for the device to connect to Wi-Fi.
Alternate Method 1
- Go to your phone's Wi-fi settings and choose the device name for your Cobblestone.
- Go back to your Muzo app and select the Wi-Fi network.
- Please enter your password.
Alternate Method 2
- Connect your phone or laptop with your Cobblestone directly by finding the SSID in your Wi-Fi setting.
- Launch an internet browser in your device and enter http://10.10.10.254. Click the Wi-Fi button located on the top left corner of the page.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to and enter the password.
How to ensure stable Wi-Fi connection
Follow the steps below if you want to start off with a clean slate in connecting your Cobblestone to Wi-Fi.
- First try restoring factory settings. Note: this step will actually disconnect your Cobblestone from your Wi-Fi Network.
- Connect your Cobblestone to your router using a LAN cable (this is without setting up the Wi-Fi connection).
- If you prefer keeping a wireless connection, place your Cobblestone closer to your Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure your phone is connected to your home Wi-Fi network, rather than to your Cobblestone's hotspot. This will decrease traffic going through the Cobblestone and prevent connection dropouts.
How to setup Cobblestone Wi-Fi Password Protection
- Open the Muzo App and swipe right to Device List.
- Select for the Cobblestone you want to add a password to.
- Select "Speaker Info"
- Scroll down to "Add Password Protection" and select it.
- Create password and select confirm.
How to find the firmware version
- Select in the Device List page.
- Select Speaker Info.
- Check Firmware Version.
How to stream music from your Mac or PC
You can stream music from your laptop to the Cobblestone through the following methods:
- iTunes Airplay on Mac or PC
- Windows Media Player on a PC
- Spotify Connect (Spotify Desktop Client) on your laptop
Streaming audio from the web (Mac)
Those who own iOS products (Mac, IPhone, IPad) are able to stream audio from the web! All you need to do is to follow these simple steps below:
Note: If you do not see the volume symbol on the top right corner of your screen, please go to your system preferences, select sound, and click "show volume in menu bar"
- Press down on the alt key.
- Press the volume symbol that is located at the top right corner of your screen. This allows you to choose an outlet to stream audio
How to use the Multi-room Feature
The multi-room feature allows you to either synchronize music throughout your home or play different music in each room, which is controlled all on one smartphone or tablet.
Follow the steps to use the multi-room feature:
- Plug in a Cobblestone to each powered speaker.
- Configure it to your Wi-Fi network.
How to Hide your SSID
- Open your MUZO player App to "Device List" and select
- Select "Speaker Info'
- Select "Need Hide SSID"